Naess Ventures, Inc.
Clients and Our Work
Leah Humlie Naess, our principal writer and courseware developer, has been involved in the following projects.
- NetSuite OpenAir, Inc. - Develop online help for cloud-based software applications and interface services. Create and maintain Application Programming Interface (API) reference manuals for SOAP and XML as well as other integration documents for systems such as NetSuite, Microsoft Exchange, and NetSuite OpenAir Integration Manager; a software guide for an integration with Microsoft Project; and mobile devices applications including Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, and NetSuite OpenAir Offline. Work with Systems Integration, Development, Product Management, Subject Matter Experts, and Client Services to meet user needs.
- Newdea, Inc. - Developed online help systems for four web-based software applications using RoboHelp. Responded to system design changes and software enhancements, and worked with Subject Matter Experts, Marketing, and Client Services to develop a user-oriented approach.
- Government Technology Systems, LLC - Developed a user guide and online help system for a web-based software application using RoboHelp.
- IHS Energy, Inc. - Wrote online help system for graphical- and web-based software application using RoboHelp. Developed step-by-step procedures for configuring networks using Novell, Linux Red Hat, and Apache software using HTML.
- WestNet Learning, Inc. - Wrote storyboards for technical web-based interactive training that prepares users to take the Cisco network certification exam. Developed objectives and tests.
- Avaya, Inc. - Wrote system documentation for TCP/IP enterprise switching products and revised legacy documentation for Web-based delivery. Participated in GUI design and web mapping.
- United Airlines - Wrote storyboards, objectives, and tests for multimedia computer-based training. Supervised photography/video of aircraft emergency equipment and first aid procedures.
- Qwest and U S WEST - Developed and maintained online hardware and software documentation for network traffic monitoring system. Developed websites to support delivery of information. Wrote disaster recovery plans for large computer networks.
- Lucent Technologies, Inc. - Wrote reference material for Definity ECS, a switch for voice and data communications networks. Prepared documentation for translation: reduced page count, clarified technical content, and used simple English.
- Computer Sciences Corporation - Developed software user guide for a database-driven system. Coordinated work with field consultants, software developers, testers, and management.
- Lockheed Technical Operations Company, Inc. - Responsible for development and delivery of training on Milstar satellite operations and maintenance. Worked closely with subject matter experts to write and edit lesson plans, student reference materials, and learning exercises and tests. Classroom instruction simulated space operations and maintenance using Lockheed space vehicle test data. Increased rate of comprehension and certified Air Force personnel in less time than previous programs. Provided informational briefings to Air Force project management.
- Newmont Gold Company - Wrote a corporate policy and procedures manual for the human resources department. Developed guidelines for supervisors working in a contract environment.
© 2004-2020 Naess Ventures, Inc. Contact Us (Photographs by P. Fredrik Naess, all rights reserved)